John Foxx - 20th Century: The Noise (CD, Comp) - NEW
Released: 24 Jul 2015
Format: CD, Compilation
 20th Century
 No-One Driving (Single Version)
 Burning Car
 He's A Liquid (Alternative Version)
 A Long Time
 Miles Away
 Europe After The Rain
 This Jungle
 Dancing Like A Gun
 Endlessly (Original Single Version)
 The Hidden Man
 The Noise
 Through My Sleeping
 Hiroshima Mon Amour (The Omnidelic Exotour)
 Musique Electron
Metamatic Records' first major compilation of John Foxx material is the first part of a double release spanning thirty-five years as a solo artist.
John Foxx - 20th Century: The Noise covers the years from his debut single 'Underpass' in January 1980 to the rest of the last century, up to his 'comeback' albums with Louis Gordon, Shifting City and Subterranean Omnidelic Exotour in 1997 and 1998.
There's also a rare Cathedral Oceans gem, 'Splendour' which has only ever been available on a rare album by various artists entitled Orphée and the album includes an unreleased instrumental track from the vaults, 'Musique Electron' - a melodic idea Foxx has had 'for decades'.
The Metamatic material is taken from the new 2014 master which is based on a new set of 1979 analogue tapes found in John's archive.
1. 20th Century (B-side to Burning Car)
2. Underpass (Single taken from Metamatic)
3. No-One Driving (Single Version)
4. Burning Car (Single)
5. He’s A Liquid (Alternative Version)
6. A Long Time (B-side to Miles Away)
7. Miles Away (Single)
8. Europe After The Rain (Single taken from The Garden)
9. This Jungle (B-side to Europe After The Rain)
10. Dancing Like A Gun (Single taken from The Garden)
11. Endlessly (Single Version)
12. The Hidden Man (taken from The Golden Section)
13. The Noise – Foxx/Gordon (taken from Shifting City)
14. Through My Sleeping – Foxx/Gordon (taken from Shifting City)
15. Hiroshima Mon Amour – Foxx/Gordon (taken from The Omnidelic Exotour)
16. Musique Electron (previously unreleased)
17. Splendour (previously only available on a compilation entitled, Orphée)
Digipak with enclosed 12 page booklet.