Getatchew Mekuria* & The Ex & Guests - Moa Anbessa (CD, Album) - NEW
Released: Nov 2006
Format: CD, Album
 Ethiopia Hagere
 Sethed Seketelat
 Eywat Setenafegagn
 Che Bclew Shellela
 Aynamaye Nesh
 Aymotche Terabu / Shemonmwanaye
 Musicawi Silt
 Almaz Yeharerwa
 Tezalegn Yetentu
 Aha Begena
Recorded April 3-4, 2006 at Jottem, Wormerveer, Holland.
Mixed & mastered at Fishing Bakery Labs in Zurich, Switzerland.
Tracks 3, 5, 6, 8, and 11 recorded live April 8, 2006 in the Grand Mix, Tourcoing, France.
The Getatchew archival photos come from his own photo-album.
All melodies based on traditional tunes.
2. Based on a song known from Tilahoun Gessesse.
3. Based on a Sudanese traditional song.
4. Based on a traditional horseman's war-chant.
5. Based on a traditional song from Gondar.
6. Aynotche Terabu based on a traditional tune by Nuru Wondafrash of the Imperial Bodyguard Band. Shemonmwanaye is a traditional song from Wollo.
7. Based on a piece by the Wallias band.
8. Based on a traditional Ethiopian scale, the ultimate blues.
9. Based on a traditional folksong about Harar.
10. Based on a song by Tilahoun Gessesse.
Released by Terp Records.
Distributed by Walboomers Music, Amsterdam, Netherlands.
Total playing-time: 1h.02min.
African Series AS11
(Terp AS-11 is EX 104D)
©2006 Getatchew Mekuria & The Ex & Guests
©&℗2006 Ex Music
Packaging: Black tray jewel case in a cardboard slipcase with a 36-page booklet and Terp Records distribution sheet.
Cat# AS-11 appears on both spines.
Cat# terp AS-11 appears on front cover, front of slipcase and CD.